Migration Letters is an international leading scholarly journal for researchers, students, scholars who investigate human migration as well as practitioners and quick dissemination of research in the field through its letter type format enabling concise sharing of short accounts of research, debates, case studies, book reviews and viewpoints in this multidisciplinary field of social sciences.
Migration Letters is the first ever letter-type journal in migration studies following a strict double blind peer review policy for research articles. It is published four times a year in January, April, July and October.
Migration Letters was launched in 2004 and co-edited by Ibrahim Sirkeci at Regent’s Centre for Transnational Studies, Regent’s University London, UK, Jeffrey H. Cohen in Department of Anthropology, Ohio State University, US, Elli Heikkila at Migration Institute of Finland, Turku, Finland and Carla De Tona in Umbria, Italy.
Most viewed papers in Migration Letters:
1 Immigration Policy in the European Union: Still bringing up the walls for fortress Europe? Petra Bendel
2 Bright City Lights and Slums of Dhaka city: Determinants of rural-urban migration in Bangladesh Ahsan Ullah Akm
3 New figures for old stories: Migration and remittances in Nepal Michael Kollmair, Siddhi Manandhar, Bhim Subedi and Susan Thieme
4 Adam Smith on migration Daniel Rauhut
5 Natural Disasters and International Migration from Sub-Saharan Africa Wim Naudé
6 Internal migration and socio-economic change in Laos Kabmanivanh Phouxay, Gunnar Malmberg and Aina Tollefsen
7 Cumulative inertia or cumulative stress? Migration behaviour of Finnish graduates Mika Haapanen and Hannu Tervo
8 Egyptian irregular migration to Europe Ayman Zohry
9 Yearly quotas and country-reserved shares in Italian immigration policy Paolo Cuttitta
10 Rural gentrification as a migration process: Evidence from Sweden Susanne Hjort
Migration Letters (ISSN: 1741-8984 | e-ISSN: 1741-8992) is indexed and abstracted in:
- Cabell’s Directory of Educational Curriculum & Methods
- Cabell’s Directory of Psychology & Psychiatry
- Central and Eastern European Online Libarry (CEEOL)
- China Academic Journals Database (CNKI Scholar): CNKI search
- EBSCO Academic Search international
- EBSCO Academic Search Complete
- Web of Science – ESCI (Emerging Science Citation Index)
- ERIH PLUS
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS)
- JUFO – Publication Forum (Finland) Journal search
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers
- ProQuest Social Sciences: Search Proquest
- ProQuest Sociology:Search Proquest
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc): RePEc search
- SCOPUS: Search Scopus
- Migration Letters is also included in American Sociological Association’s Publication Options Journal Directory
The abbreviated title of Migration Letters journal is: Migrat. Lett.